Meet Daryl & Mindi Hirsch
As culinary influencers, we travel the world in search of the next great meal. We eat it all from street food to haute cuisine and everything in between.
Since starting the 2foodtrippers site in 2012, we’ve collaborated with numerous partners including tourism boards, hotels, restaurants and major online travel brands. You can see several of our wonderful partners below.
Prior to 2016, 2foodtrippers was a hobby.
Daryl was an accomplished musician and worked for a high-end, celebrity chef-driven restaurant group based in Philadelphia. When he wasn’t performing at local clubs and weddings, he handled many of the restaurant group’s logistics. He also assisted with restaurant openings and special projects like the Food Network’s Iron Chef tv show. Though he’s not a chef, he occasionally wielded a knife or two on the job as well.
Meanwhile, Mindi earned an MBA and various professional designations while living in Atlanta, San Francisco, New York City, Denver and finally Philadelphia. She worked as an executive in the insurance industry and developed keen business skills including project management, contract review and managing others. This career gave her the opportunity to develop and hone keen writing and presentation skills.
Together, we worked on the 2foodtrippers site in our spare time and took short trips to destinations like Japan, France and Italy. We wrote about the food and travel experiences that we loved with minimal understanding of SEO or social media. But we wanted to do more.
Everything changed in 2016.
With a giant leap of faith, we left our careers and Philadelphia home to hit the road on an ongoing quest for the world’s best food and culinary experiences. This leap has enabled us to transition the 2foodtrippers site into a viable business that provides actionable resources for like-minded people who love food travel.
Now we travel slowly and create comprehensive Food Travel Guides to help travelers find the best food, coffee, wine and beer in cities around the world. We’re constantly learning about food, travel and the business of blogging. Many would say that we’re living our dream and we don’t disagree.
How We Met
We met in 2006 at an Oscars party hosted by mutual friends in Philadelphia. It was a very successful party for both of us – Mindi won the Oscars pool and we both found true love. It wasn’t long until we realized our mutual obsession for food and travel. We got married in 2007 and haven’t looked back since.
Where We’ve Been
We’re all about combining our passions near and far. This journey has taken us to some of the best food destinations in the world.
So far, we have traveled abroad to Austria, the Bahamas, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Latvia, Macau, Monaco, Mexico, Northern Ireland, the Philippines, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turks & Caicos, Ukraine, the Vatican and Vietnam.
We’ve also traveled domestically throughout the US – currently 38 states and counting.
We like to surround ourselves with experts. Accordingly, we’re members of the following prestigious organizations:
- Selected from 23,000 nominees as Saveur Magazine Best Travel Blog Finalist – Award To Be Announced in November (2018)
- Featured in Miss Eva Magazine (2018)
- Food-Focused Article Published by USA Today / Eat Sip Trip (2018)
- Shortlisted for TBC Asia Best Food Blog – Award to Be Announced in October (2018)
- Speakers at Traverse in Rotterdam – Food Photography Seminar & Lecture (2018)
- Selected from 900 Applicants to Participate in the India Blog Train Project (2018)
- Selected to Attend NBE Finland in Helsinki, Turku and Riga (2018)
- Selected to Attend International Media Marketplace in New York (2018)
- Top 10 Finalist for The Mayor of London’s #MyLondonDish Instagram Contest (2017)
- Selected to Participate in the iAmbassador Blogville Project in Emilia Romagna (2017)
- Selected to Participate as Influencers at Experience Bucharest (2017)
- Selected to Participate in the Helsinki Secret project (2016)
- Elected to the Professional Travel Bloggers Association board as Treasurer (2016)
- Selected to Attend Travel Media Showcase in Indiana (2015)
- Selected to Participate at Bloghouse in Chicago (2014)
We have 80,000+ engaged followers on the following social media networks:
We love collaborating with partners all over the world. Here are some ways that we can work with YOU:
- Brand Ambassadorships
- Content Creation
- Freelance Writing
- Instagram Takeovers
- Marketing Campaigns
- Public Speaking
- Social Media Promotion
- Sponsored Content
Check out our Media Kit for more details and then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your pitch.
Current & Past Partners
Check out a sampling of our current and past partners: