Meet Daryl & Mindi Hirsch
As culinary influencers, we travel the world in search of the next great meal. We eat it all from street food to haute cuisine and everything in between. Since starting the 2foodtrippers site in 2012, we have collaborated with numerous partners including tourism boards, hotels, restaurants and major online travel brands. You can see several of our wonderful partners below.
Prior to 2016, Daryl worked for a high-end, celebrity chef-driven restaurant group based in Philadelphia and Mindi developed keen business skills as an executive in the insurance industry. Despite our professional successes, we took a chance by renting our house and hitting the road to follow our travel dreams. Now we travel slowly and create awesome Food Travel Guides to help travelers find the best food, coffee, wine and beer in cities around the world.
How We Met
We met in 2006 at an Oscars party hosted by mutual friends in Philadelphia. It was a very successful party for both of us – Mindi won the Oscars pool and we both found true love. It wasn’t long until we realized our mutual obsession for food and travel. We got married in 2007 and haven’t looked back since.
Where We’ve Been
We’re all about combining our passions near and far. This journey has taken us to some of the best food destinations in the world.
So far, we have traveled abroad to Austria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Latvia, Macau, Monaco, Mexico, Northern Ireland, the Philippines, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turks & Caicos, Ukraine, the Vatican and Vietnam.
We’ve also traveled domestically throughout the US – currently 38 states and counting.
We like to surround ourselves with experts. Accordingly, we’re members of the following prestigious organizaions:
- Selected as Speakers at Traverse in Rotterdam (2018)
- Selected from 900 Applicants to Participate in the India Blog Train Project (2018)
- Selected to Attend NBE Finland in Helsinki, Turku and Riga (2018)
- Selected to Attend International Media Marketplace in New York (2018)
- Voted as a 10 Ten Finalist for The Mayor of London’s #MyLondonDish Instagram Contest (2017)
- Selected to Participate in the Blogville Project in Emilia Romagna (2017)
- Selected to Participate as Influencers at Experience Bucharest (2017)
- Selected to Participate in the Helsinki Secret project (2016)
- Elected to the Professional Travel Bloggers Association board as Treasurer (2016)
- Selected to Attend Travel Media Showcase in Indiana (2015)
- Selected to Participate at Bloghouse in Chicago (2014)
We’re always working – even when we’re eating street food in Vietnam.You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. Over 75,000 engaged social media followers see our posts every day!
How We Can Work Together
We are available for all sorts of projects including:
- Brand Ambassadorships
- Freelance Writing
- Press Trips
- Product Reviews
- Social Media Campaigns
- Speaking Engagements
- Sponsored Posts
We love to collaborate with quality organizations! Our past partners include: